Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Our website address is https://www.dimples-dogbandanas.com/ (“Site”).
- to keep track of cart contents while you’re browsing our Site;
- to remember your language preference;
- to remember your choice about cookies on our Site;
- to recognise and count the number of Site visitors;
- to aid in fraud detection;
- keeping you signed in.
Cookies on our website
The text below explains the cookies we use and why.
- If you have an account and you log in to our Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices (e.g. wordpress_logged_in_[hash], wordpress_sec_[hash]). Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Our Site uses WooCommerce a WordPress e-commerce plugin to power our online shop. To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Our Site is multi-lingual using the Polylang plugin for WordPress. This plugin uses cookie pll_language to remember your language preference. Its default lifespan is 1 year.
Universal Analytics Cookies (Google)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our Site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited.
Cookie Preference Cookie
When you first entered our Site, you were notified that our site is using cookies. This cookie is used to remember your choice about cookies on our Site. Its last for 1 month. No personal information is stored within this cookie.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”;
- in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to access or use all or parts of our Site.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, clicking “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”;
- in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.